Saturday, February 26, 2011

Matching

Yesterday I made the mistake of bringing out the Monster truck shirt ill prepared to allow him to wear the shorts that he strongly feels are the only thing that matches. His view is that, to match, clothing must be the same color, not just complementary. I suggested jeans: "Mommy, but those are blue" (quizzically, as if I were a complete idiot). I suggested the red sweatpants would complement the MONSTER lettering, or brown pants would go with the wheels, or dark green pants would go with the truck body, but he insisted on teh shorts. Finally, he agreed to wear the shorts over the red sweatpants, but he was very skeptical of this plan, nor for aesthetic reasons but for logistical ones. He kept saying "it's not gonna work" over and over until it did work. How he reconciles those shark crocs with this outfit, which "do fit me well," I can't say.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: