Saturday, May 31, 2008

First Flight

Last weekend, I took my first big trip on an airplane. Mom, Dad and I went to Washington DC/Bethesda/Virginia. Mom and Dad went to the wedding of their friends Billy and Anne (I didn't want to go), and I also got to meet Uncle Matt, Uncle Derek and Aunt Lara, my cousins Zoe and Violet, plus my Dad's cousins Alice, Aaron and Lena. And I got to hang out a lot with Grandma Martha! We went to the National Zoo; since it was Memorial Day weekend, it was a bit of a zoo, people-wise, but we got to see the pandas. I also got to meet a bunch of Mom and Dad's friends. I think Mom and Dad were a little pre-occupied with keeping track of all my stuff on the road, so there aren't many pics :(. If you look very closely in the background of this one, you can see the "Washington Dulles" sign...
On the plane (I used my miles to upgrade--I really need the legroom). I did pretty well on the plane. No complaints from the neighbors or flight attendants. I slept a bit and spent some time looking at the no smoking light--that is cool. Once we got in rush-hour traffic on the beltway, I had really had enough and cried my first actual tears; I think those grown-ups were trying to starve me. Once they stopped to feed me, I was fine. I'm not wild about the rental car shuttle, but other aspects of air travel seem fine.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: